Saturday, April 11, 2009

Georgia Destruction





Oak uprooted and laying across one of my barns and shed











Hell hath no fury when it comes to mother nature. one minute the sun is shining, youre planning everything out for a pic nic with family and friends for the following day, when suddenly, within an hour youre left in total darkness, total silence, from an F2 tornado.
I love a good storm, the more intense they are, the more i love them. I have to admit, I was scared shitless last night.
I now know first hand what a tornado sounds like as it passes over, sparing your home and loved ones. However some were not so lucky. I lost all my oak trees, but my pecan trees held up. I didnt get much damage to the peach trees at all, but all my oaks are gone. Its amazing to see the destruction, its scary to realize that it could have been worse, yet the whole time wondering, what would have happened had it touched down on my house?
I called my sister in SC as the same storms headed her way, she was frantic telling me they had already hit and they too were without power. This morning we compared our tornado stories. She in SC with an F2, I in Georgia with an F2, we both thanked God we were spared and still had a bed to lay down in tonight.







(ignore the year on my camera it is not set right!!)










THE OAKS ON THE FARM, PASTURE AND NEAR THE HOUSE






MY SHED AND GARAGE

mygarage roof

foundmyshed

My dear employee's Nortrina's house

Nortrina's House

Just two miles down the road!!

2 miles downthe road

NO POWER

nopower





For more photos of the destruction around me and near me click here : http://s617.photobucket.com/albums/tt253/freckledgeorgiabelle/





























1 comments:

Lane on April 21, 2009 at 8:00 PM said...

Incredible picture and an interesting blog

Post a Comment